We have achieved UKAS accreditation for our Information Security Management System, compliance ensures that our documentation is appropriately used, shared and retained.
Leaders in Diversity
In 2015 Prospects was awarded Leaders in Diversity Status by the National Centre for Diversity, recognising our strong commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). In 2017 Prospects wins UK Large Business of the Year at National Centre for Diversity Grand Awards.
A diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career.
- We are proud to be certified as an employer who meets the National Equality Standard, the accepted standard for inclusiveness in business across the UK.
- We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme.
- Living our values, we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation.
- We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.
- No artificial barriers or ceilings to advancement whatever your background.
- Positive action where appropriate to shape our workforce.
- Creating safe spaces for anyone in our workforce – especially those with protected characteristics.
- Committed to our volunteers ensuring they receive the correct training and recognition whilst supporting our programmes.
- Employee diversity networks: LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disabled Equality Network, Women’s Network, Employee Voice.
British Safety Council
We have gained numerous accreditations and awards throughout our organisation, achieving a five star rating through the British Safety Council’s Health and Safety audit and being awarded the prestigious Sword of Honour, recognising exemplary practice which includes ensuring employees complete the British Safety Council Level 1 Award as part of their initial training. Those in a supervisory position also go on to complete the Level 2 award during the first six months of their probationary period.